Resource Pack 5: WW2 and Evacuation (KS2)
Teachers Pack Contains:
- Background information about WW2 and Operation Pied Piper
- Information about the picture packs and how to use them.
- A series of teaching resources and activities including:
- Packing to Leave – a drawing/notetaking activity, encouraging children to think about what they would take with them if evacuated
- Make your own ID card – a replica ID card
- Exploring Rationing – Children explore wartime rationing and make their own replica ration book.
- Make your own gas mask box – replica labels to support in the making of gas mask boxes.
- Finding a Family – a drama activity encouraging children to explore different evacuee scenarios.
- Writing a letter home – planning frame to support a drama or written task