Resource Pack 4: Victorian Britain (KS2)
Teachers Pack Contains:
- Background information about the Industrial Revolution and the growth of the railways
- Information about the picture packs and how to use them.
- A series of teaching resources and activities including:
- Travelling the long way round – a writing or role play activity exploring what pre-railway transport was like.
- For or against the railways – a drama-based activity exploring some of the different views about the building of the railways.
- Re-defining the landscape – a discussion activity, exploring the impact that industrialisation had on Britain’s environment and landscape.
- Was the Industrial Revolution a force for good? A planning frame to support either discussion or written work exploring the positive and negative aspects of industrialisation.