Resource Pack 1: A trip to the Seaside (EYFS/KS1)
Teachers Pack Contains:
- Background information about Victorian seaside holidays
- Information about the picture packs and how to use them.
- A series of teaching resources and activities including:
- Packing for your holiday – a sorting and sticking activity, drawing on familiar experience, by exploring what children take to the beach now.
- The Journey – a role play activity, encouraging children to imagine what it might have been like to travel by steam train.
- Writing a postcard – a role play or writing activity, encouraging children to write as a Victorian child.
- Punch and Judy – a puppet making activity, exploring some of the origins of the famous puppet show.
- Seaside Sorting – a sorting and comparison activity, focusing on exploring the different materials used to make seaside equipment past and present