Resource Pack 3: Famous Individuals – Isambard Kingdom Brunel (KS1)
Teachers Pack Contains:
- Background information about Brunel’s life and work
- Information about the picture packs and how to use them.
- A series of teaching resources and activities including:
- What did Brunel build? – a sorting activity, encouraging children to explore some of Brunel’s work.
- The Great Western Challenge – a role play or writing activity, encouraging children to find solutions to some of the problems faced by Brunel during the building of the GWR.
- The Great Bridge Challenge – a STEM project. Children investigate techniques, construct a model, then test and evaluate their designs. Includes challenge cards and complete pupil record book.