Resource Pack 2: Living at 3 Chimneys: Exploring Edwardian Life through the eyes of the Railway Children (EYFS/KS1)
- Background information about Edwardian Britain/E Nesbit’s Novel
- Information about the picture packs and how to use them.
- A series of teaching resources and activities including:
- Life in Edwardian Times – a sorting and matching activity, encouraging children to compare Edwardian Life with their own modern experiences.
- How did life change for the Railway Children? a role play or writing activity, encouraging children to engage with the events in the novel.
- Dress Like the Railway Children – a paper doll making, exploring the features of Edwardian children’s clothing.
- Saviours of the Train – a role play or writing activity, re-telling the famous story of how the children in the novel saved the train.
- Flags and Safety – a reading/making activity: children follow simple instructions to make their own set of guard’s flags.
- Edwardian Washday – a discussion/role-play activity. Children explore some of the appliances used for washing in Edwardian times and follow a role play script to act out the process of Edwardian Washday.