Trust Recruits New Learning Assistants
As part of our development of the Learning Offer for the Gauge Museum Project, the Trust is recruiting to the new role of Learning Assistant. Learning Assistants will work with Helen Anson in the implementation of the Learning Offer to schools, children and family visitors. We are looking for people who can combine their interest in heritage and museums with particular skills in working with groups and delivering material with an educational content. We have already had a number of individuals come forward to express interest and if you think this is something that you might wish to be involved with, then do please contact:
Helen Anson Learning Officer at email@example.com
Design and Interpretation Programme for the Gauge Museum
Following the appointment of Smith and Jones as our external consultants, the first workshop to bring together the Trusts vision and the concept document from Smith and Jones will be held on Friday 5th April. A programme of work and timetable will also emerge from these discussions and we will keep Members, volunteers and the public up to date with progress as more detail emerges.
Learning and Education Group
A small working group has been established to look at key issues for all the organisations across the railway in this important area. Trust representatives are Geoff Evens and Helen Anson. The aims of the group are to:
- to promote learning opportunities for visitors of all ages across the WSR;
- to promote engagement with the local community/local interest groups through a programme of events and focused learning opportunities;
- to promote and encourage people to become involved in the WSR by supporting these events/learning opportunities as volunteers;
- to promote opportunities for younger people (13 and up) to become involved with the WSR;
- to promote access to further education opportunities and funding
The Trust is fully behind this initiative and we wish the Group well in its deliberations. There is an initial focus on developing policies and working arrangements for safeguarding.
More information can be obtained either from Geoff Evens or Helen Anson
Presentation on the Project at the Trust AGM
At the Steam Trust AGM on Saturday 23rd March, Helen Anson and Steve Williams (Project Lead) gave a presentation to Members. A copy of the presentation is provided here.